Bellerbys College is partnered with over 70 universities in the UK - that’s more than any other college in the UK. This give you a fantastic choice of progression routes once you’ve completed your studies with us.
Bellerbys College is partnered with over 70 universities in the UK - that’s more than any other college in the UK. This give you a fantastic choice of progression routes once you’ve completed your studies with us. It’s one of the reasons why more international students choose to study at Bellerbys than at any other school or college in the country.
University progression routes
Our partnerships with the UK’s leading universities
make progression onto a range of degree programmes easier for Bellerbys graduates, at all levels of their education.
● A Levels
- with the required A Levels and English language qualifications you can pass directly into the first year of a UK undergraduate degree course
● Foundation courses
- in the last five years Bellerbys has sent Foundation students to more than 120 universities. Our Foundation courses are designed to help international students attain the study skills, academic, and English language qualifications they need to gain entry to university degree study. These courses give you a year or more to adjust to life, language and teaching methods in the UK before you begin your degree studies.
● Undergraduate Year 1
- our Undergraduate Year 1 in Business and Management course is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree and prepares suitably qualified students to enter the UK higher education system with confidence. Validated by the University of Sussex, it offers students the opportunity to progress directly to the 2nd year of their undergraduate degree subject at one of 24 partner universities and business schools.
- over the past three years, Bellerbys Pre-Masters students have won places on LLM, MBA, MSc and MA programmes at some of the country’s top universities. Bellerbys College offers unique one- and two-term Pre-Masters courses, which combine English language training, research, presentation and study skills with optional GMAT classes to prepare international students for the demands of postgraduate study in the UK. Our tutors will help you choose and apply for the right postgraduate course and university for you.
Where will you go next? Here are 10 of our top ranked university partner destinations:
1) Durham University
Durham University is a world top 100 university, the third oldest university in England, and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities. Established in 1832 it offers over 140 undergraduate degree programmes in arts, health, humanities, sciences and social sciences - one of the broadest ranges of degree programmes within the UK. Students benefit from research-led education, working with world-leading academics at the forefront of their subjects. In 2014, the Research Excellence Framework (REF) identified world-leading research in every Durham University subject.
2) Oxford Brookes University
One of our Undergraduate Year 1 partners, Oxford Brookes can trace its origins back to 1865. Located in the beautiful and historic university town of Oxford, it began as Oxford School of Art. The university's School of Architecture is one of the largest in Britain and is consistently ranked in the top five schools in the UK. Its highly-regarded business faculty is partnered with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), International Business School in Budapest and Munich Business School.
3) University of Westminster
Britain’s first polytechnic university, this London institution was established in 1838. It was also home to the birthplace of British cinema, being the site of the first picture house in the country. It features three main campuses in the heart of London. The University has numerous centres of research excellence across all the faculties, including the Communication and Media Research Institute, whose research is ranked in the Global Top 40 by the QS World University Rankings.
4) Henley Business School
This world-renowned, triple accredited business school is another of our Undergraduate Year 1 partners. Based at Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire and Whiteknights Campus in Reading, it’s one of Europe’s largest full-service business schools. It’s also one of the only international business schools to hold triple accredited status, with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA) recognizing the school since 2002.
5) Lancaster University
Ranked in the global top 1%, Lancaster University is recognised as outstanding in research, teaching and the student experience. A top 10 UK university, as rated by the Guardian and the Complete University Guide, Lancaster is frequently singled out for its high levels of graduate employment; an above-average proportion of students get graduate-level jobs (78%). Based on a 360-acre parkland site, the campus is located a short distance from the vibrant and historic city of Lancaster and on the edge of the Lake District National Park.
6) University of Surrey
A leading university located within the county town of Guildford, Surrey in the South East of England. The University of Surrey specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business. Civil engineering, linguistics, and medical technology fans will love the University of Surrey. One of the top 10 universities with the highest rate of graduate employment, it also allows all students to take language lessons for free alongside their degree course.
7) University of Bath
A nurturing ground for enterprising minds, the University of Bath is set within one of England’s most beautiful spa towns. Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework assessment, the University of Bath was ranked 12th in a research quality ranking of UK universities. Its £35 million Sports Training Village also played a vital role in the London 2012 Olympics.
8) University of Exeter
The University of Exeter is located in the sunny South West, with campuses in Devon, Falmouth and Cornwall. It offers research and study in sciences, social sciences, business, humanities and arts. Exeter is the fastest growing research intensive university in the UK; its research income has seen a 150% increase since 2007–08, to £60 million in 2013–14.
9) Loughborough University
Loughborough University has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, strong links with industry, and unrivalled sporting achievement - it has the country's largest concentration of world-class training facilities across a wide range of sports. Located in the Midlands, it ranks extremely highly for student satisfaction, with 91% of current students saying they’re satisfied with their studies there.
10) University of Leeds
One of the world's top 100 universities and part of the Russell Group of leading UK universities, Leeds is located at the heart of the UK. Ranked in the top 10 for research power in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, it offers one of the widest ranges of degrees in the country, encompassing both the traditional and vocational.